Monday, June 8, 2009

A letter to Moonis Elahi

(In Response to Moonis Elahi Participation in Political Confrence in Germnay)
Dear Moonis Elahi,
I am from Multan and have done M.A. in Political Science. I share this feeling with a lot of my other friends that Pakistan can only win its case in the currently hostile international arena if young politicians with a fresh approach to our problems start representing their country at the international level. We have tried and tested most of our so called senior politicians and we know that they are not capable to represent us.
We have recently witnessed that Asif Ali Zardari on his recent visit to the White House was a major disappointment. I was amazed to see a 19 year old Bilawal Bhutto sitting next to him in the meeting with Pres. Barak Obama.
Apart from being the son of Shaheed Mohtarma Benezir Bhutto what other qualification did Bilawal Bhutto have to be seated there? I fail to understand. On the other hand I was impressed to hear that you have been invited to a World Political Leaders Conference in Germany. Now that makes more sense and is more relevant.
Instead of becoming a show piece like Bilawal Bhutto I am glad that you have taken a different route. This is more important and useful for Pakistan rather than what Bilawal Bhutto is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment